You need to create some custom logic to sort this out. Generally if you have password expiration, the use will not be able to log in which will result in warning message for wrong combination - username password. What you can do
1. Create a service that checks regularly the password expiration for each user. If the password is going to expire in a day or two - send an notification email
2. If an user with expired password is trying to access any part of your website, you could check this and the user should be redirected to changepassword screen. Below are some steps
1) Subscribe for the LoggingIn event of the Login control
2) Get the user and its LastPasswordChangedDate
3) Use a TimeSpan
, compare LastPasswordChangedDate
with the current date
4) Redirect to the ChangePassword screen if the password has been expired.
You could follow the same logic with your AD, but you need to get access to the AD user.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items.